Rather than our each day occasion listings, we’re compiling the newest coronavirus information, views and sources for Londoners — in addition to issues you are able to do, and the methods you possibly can get pleasure from this nice metropolis — with out the standard entry you must it.
We additionally need to flag up all of the optimistic ways in which Londoners are discovering to cope with the disaster, from good deeds to witty pictures. Please electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any contributions.
Concepts to assist, and causes to be cheerful
- Though many people are avoiding the streets of London, it is nonetheless doable to discover its quirkier bits and constructions from residence. David Fletcher makes hyper-detailed 3D fashions of town’s extra peculiar points of interest. As a passion, he is tracked down bollards, air vents, uncommon timber and even urine-deflectors as topics for his craft, known as photogrammetry. Check out his handiwork here.
- Match and effectively, and need to assist weak individuals in your native space? Individuals are self-organising into volunteer teams below the umbrella of Covid-19 mutual aid UK.
- Wish to donate to meals banks, however aren’t in a position to go to the grocery store? There’s an app for that. In truth, there are several.
- Noel Fielding begins an online art club for children caught at residence.
- Whereas this fellow, Romain Malan, is performing free live shows for individuals self-isolating.
Newest London coronavirus information
And in different information
Is probably not primarily based on precise information
Tube ponderings with Barry Heck
Our resident tube fancier dishes out each day ideas on the London Underground.
Time for the weekly recreation of ‘identify the tube station from the road view screengrab’. (The digital puzzle appears eerily prescient proper now, as many people are caught at residence unable to stroll the precise streets and journey the precise tube.) The primary individual to appropriately identify the station I’ve my again in the direction of, by tweeting @HeckTube, wins some rice.
Reality of the day
This four-month isolation for the over-70s goes to pose unprecedented challenges. Least amongst them, although nonetheless of curiosity for individuals who get pleasure from trivia, is the impact on the royal household. If adopted, the quarantine recommendation would maintain the Queen, Charles and Camilla at residence till summer season, with Princess Anne turning 70 in August.
Prior to now 12 months, Prince Philip has bowed out of public service, as have Harry and Meghan, and Prince Andrew is avoiding the limelight for very completely different causes. All advised, which means that William and Kate would be the solely energetic senior royals for the fast future. Think about typing that sentence a 12 months in the past.
Author: ” — londonist.com “